Five top tips for a healthy body and mind:
1. Endeavour to think positive, productive, peaceful thoughts. Research now clearly shows the detrimental effect of negative thinking on body chemistry.
2. Enjoy a brisk daily walk, making sure to appreciate the beauty of nature around you. Communing with Mother Nature is nourishing for the spirit.
3. Create time for relaxation and stillness in the midst of life’s busyness.
4. Make friendship a priority and let there be much joy and laughter when meeting with friends. Laughter boosts the immune system and releases stress.
5. Volunteer. Yoga emphasises the importance of selfless service and studies have found that volunteers and altruists actually live longer and are at less risk of depression.